Pueblo Inglés | Unique, fun and rewarding experience for volunteers from all around the world.
So you would like to volunteer abroad and get to know different people and cultures? How about teaching English in Spain or Germany? Our language immersion courses offer a unique opportunity to volunteer in Europe.
- Volunteers can enjoy a free week at one of our English-speaking villages. Our venues host English “talkathons” every week and we sponsor native English-speakers to be the protagonists!
- A fun and rewarding experience is offered in exchange for your English conversation.
- In each week-long program, a group of 15-25 volunteers (from Australia, Canada, England, Ireland, Scotland, USA, etc) “populate” one of our beautiful hotel resorts and provide conversation in English, through a diverse daily schedule. Germans/Spaniards adults are there to practice and improve their English in a natural way.
- Our volunteers do not have to teach English in a traditional format; they just have to bring a positive attitude, a passion for conversation and an interest in learning about people from different countries and cultures.
- Diversity plays a key role at Puelo Ingles: firstly, in the way our volunteer groups are so mixed (different nationalities, ages, backgrounds, etc); and secondly in the way the daily schedule is so varied to keep things fresh and exciting.
- Activities change every hour to keep it fun and engaging. One-to-one conversation periods are mixed with mealtime discussions, group sessions and evening entertainment.
In addition, to guarantee the safety of all participants this year we have taken the necessary anticovid measures. You can check them here.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
The program represents a great opportunity for all native English-speakers who want to spend a week abroad enjoying culture, conversation, and connecting with people.
All native English-speakers + 18 years old are encouraged to apply, regardless of profession, ethnic background or religion. If you are fun, chatty and enjoy meeting people, then you could be the perfect volunteer!
- Do you love conversation (up to 15 hours per day!)?
- Are you patient & supportive enough to help the language learners?
- Are you armed with stories and experiences?
- Do you have an intellectually stimulating character?
If the answer is yes, we are looking forward to meeting you!
Pueblo Inglés volunteers: in 10 example profiles
- 31-year-old Software Developer from Australia
- 40-year-old Registered Nurse from Ireland
- 23-year-old Political Science Student from Canada
- 33-year-old Writer from South Africa
- 65-year-old retired Professor of Art History from Scotland
- 45-year-old Wedding Planner from California
- 70-year-old TV Presenter and Journalist from England
- 27-year-old Fashion Designer from Wales
- 38-year-old Epidemiologist from Seattle
- 45-year-old Production Manager from NY
WHAT DOES THIS EXPERIENCE OFFER EACH VOLUNTEER?
- A unique insight into the culture without having to speak the country’s language. Our Volunteers get to know the students on a level that would otherwise be impossible without learning the language.
- Our tranquil and stunning locations offer something different to the typical holiday destinations. Surrounded by mountains and rivers, are venues are bucolic and even magical.
- The chance to get to know a group of diverse individuals from all walks of life and to form long-lasting friendships.
- The chance to enjoy full active days without having to plan anything yourself. You can simply go with the flow!
And, above all, the satisfaction of knowing that you’ve had a positive impact on the lives of numerous individuals.
Our English speaking volunteers have to be dedicated to the program, and abide by the following rules:
WHO ARE THE STUDENTS?
Each program involves between 15 to 25 students and similar number of volunteers. There is nearly always a diverse mix of ages, gender and professions. The students normally come from around Spain (or Germany in the case of Englischhausen). Approximately 80% of the students are between 30 and 50 years old.
Whether they are sent by their employer, or pay out of their own pocket, they see the program as an opportunity for both career and personal development, as well as a chance to make friends from all over the world! All of them will be grateful for your hard work, which will be evident in their warm and friendly approach despite the tiredness and mental overload that is sure to be inflicted on them!
All of our daily activities are organized for you so you’ll never have to plan further ahead than your next fun activity or delicious meal!
Volunteers have one-hour “one-to-one”conversation sessions with each of the students attending. During this time each pair decides if they would prefer to go for a walk, relax in the hotel lounge, grab a coffee – whatever they fancy! Additionally there will be “Icebreakers”, theatre skits, group games/challenges, telephone-based activities and an excursion or group-walk.
Mealtimes are an important part of the daily schedule as they provide a great opportunity for the students to practise dynamic conversation in what is often a vibrant atmosphere. Anglos enjoy the good company and fantastic local food!
These 50-minute sessions give you the chance to chat to every student about anything and everything. You’ll be amazed by the interesting and diverse conversations that come up over a coffee or a stroll.
Anglos and students play out a couple of short role-play scenarios over the telephone. It is all explained in advance and meant to give students a chance to train their ears.
Split into small groups, these fun one-hour sessions see participants working together with a specific goal, be it to debate, convince, discover or deceive!
Normally a chance to sit back and enjoy entertainment from your fellow participants, you will also have the chance to present a topic of your choice, dazzle everyone with your theatrical or musical abilities, or to showcase some kind of other talent you might have!
During your free time you can go to the swimming pool, play basketball, tennis or football, go for a little walk or run, or even have a “siesta”!
WHERE CAN I VOLUNTEER?
Our volunteering vacancies are at stunning locations around Spain and Germany. The venues are diverse and offer the chance to get off the beaten touristic track, to beautiful areas of countryside. Our volunteers are transported to their course venues from hub cities like Madrid, Munich and Frankfurt, so it’s a great chance to combine an interesting city-visit with rural and cultural elements.
Volunteer vacancies are available throughout the year, which makes them ideal for English speakers planning a trip in Europe – particularly Germany or Spain.
Once you have applied to be a volunteer, you will receive our seasonal updates regarding program dates and availability.
Volunteer vacancies are usually 6-8 days but duration does vary depending on the type of program or location.
WHAT ARE YOUR COST?
Your main costs can be broken down into three areas: travel, accommodation before/after the program, and additional expenses.
1.- Your journey to and from Madrid or Munich (The departure points are different depending on the venue or country you are visiting).
2.- At least one night’s accommodation – the night before the program to be ready for departure early on the following day. On the last day of the program, you will be back in town in time to organize your travel leaving the city, so there might be no need for you to stay another night on the returning day.
3.- During the actual program you will only need to finance:
- Between-meal snacks (almost always unnecessary as the meals are plentiful!)
- Drinks or refreshments (water and wine are provided with meals; soft drinks are not; after lunch/dinner drinks are not included)
- Phone calls (we recommend you to buy an international phone card, or get a local mobile)
- Laundry services (if required)
- Over-the-counter medicine (while you will be taken to see a doctor should it be required, our policy does not cover the cost of any prescription drugs or medicine)
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU…
We have been been greeting volunteers for more than a decade. Our experience is our guarantee! During the program we commit to provide:
- Full room and board: the provision of high-standard accommodation for the duration of the program. (*If applying to our German programs, due to limited hotel space, the likelihood of needing to share a room is very high. Therefore, we have to give preference to applicants who are willing to share)
- Transport to and from the venue by coach.
- Medical and accident policy during your stay. (Extra travel insurance is recommended, at your own cost).
STEP 1. Program Request: The first step is to complete our 5 step application form. The information you provide will help us decide if you are eligible to join the program. To avoid being timed out of your session, we recommend that you work on the Q&A section in a separate document and then copy your answers in the application form. In some cases we may conduct a brief phone call to follow up on information provided.
STEP 2. Confirm date: The secret to creating a special bond in the program is having a perfect mix of volunteers. If your profile fits in with the date/s you have selected, we will be able to offer you a spot. We hope to receive a first class application form from you in order for us to be able to confirm your eligibility.
STEP 3. Booked: Start planning your trip! Due to the high demand of applicants, we can only secure your spot for a limited time. Please respect the deadline given and ask for time if needed. Check the meeting details for the specific venue you are booked into in order to prepare for your arrival date, welcome reception details, accommodation recommendation etc.
STEP 4. Travel confirmed: We need you to book your travel as soon as possible and within the deadline you will be given.
STEP 5. Confirmed participation: Once we have correctly received your travel details, we are counting on you! A few weeks before the start of the program, we will send you reminders and make sure you are in touch with your group.
If you are a returning volunteer, you do not have to complete another application form, just request new dates by going to the Volunteer Zone.
Once you request a program, we will receive your program request and process it as quickly as we can.
Once you receive confirmation from us that you are booked into a program, you can plan your trip.
In addition to providing your travel details, you will also need to submit the medical and authorization forms again.
Unfortunately however, even being a returning volunteers we cannot always guarantee a place in your program selection.
How do I register?
If you’ve been to a Pueblo Inglés before just click on the Volunteer Zone button below. If you’ve never been to a Pueblo Inglés volunteer program before, please apply by clicking the button below to register. Click on See Full Year Calendar to see all program dates.