Organize your volunteering abroad
Travelling to Pueblo Ingles or Englischhausen
What do I need to prepare to be an international volunteer?
You might be asking yourself how much preparation and planning you will have to do to volunteer and help the students. Well actually, all of the daily activities are organized so that you never have to look any further ahead than your next activity or meal.
Your commitments during the program
Our English speaking volunteers have to be dedicated to the program, and abide by the following rules:
- English or nothing! This includes the time during unscheduled activities such as any free time during the day, and social time after dinner.
- Be punctual. To ensure that the program schedule runs smoothly, and out of consideration to our staff members and your fellow participants, you must be on time for all activities.
- Mobile phones are not to be used during any of the scheduled activities, including mealtimes. We ask you to only make and receive calls during your free time
Your commitments before the program
These are your commitments to the program:
- To arrange and finance your travel
- To arrange and finance your accommodation for before and after the program
- To join us for the Welcome Reception (this is not mandatory, but we would like you to try to make it!)
- To be at the bus departure point at the correct time on the first day of the program
What do our volunteers get in return?
It’s an unrivalled package of fun, and a cultural experience that you’re sure to remember for the rest of your life.
What are your costs to volunteer in Spain or Germany?
Your main costs can be broken down into three areas: travel, accommodation before/after the program, and additional expenses.
1.- Your journey to and from Madrid, Barcelona or Munich (The departure points are different depending on the venue or country you are visiting).
2.- At least one night’s accommodation – the night before the program to be ready for departure early on the following day. On the last day of the program, you will be back in town in time to organize your travel leaving the city, so there might be no need for you to stay another night on the returning day.
3.- During the actual program you will only need to finance:
- Between-meal snacks (almost always unnecessary as the meals are plentiful!)
- Drinks or refreshments (water and wine are provided with meals; soft drinks are not; after lunch/dinner drinks are not included)
- Phone calls (we recommend you to buy an international phone card, or get a local mobile)
- Laundry services (if required)
- Over-the-counter medicine (while you will be taken to see a doctor should it be required, our policy does not cover the cost of any prescription drugs or medicine)
What does volunteering include?
Our commitment to you…
We have been been greeting volunteers for more than a decade. Our experience is our guarantee! During the program we commit to provide:
- Free full room and board for our volunteers: the provision of high-standard accommodation for the duration of the program.
- Transport to and from the venue by coach.
- Medical and accident policy during your stay in the Spain program. It’s not included in Germany. (Extra travel insurance is recommended, at your own cost).