How to be an international volunteer?
The first step is to complete our 5 step application form. The information you provide will help us decide if you are eligible to join the program. To avoid being timed out of your session, we recommend that you work on the Q&A section in a separate document and then copy your answers in the application form. In some cases we may conduct a brief phone call to follow up on information provided.
The secret to creating a special bond in the program is having a perfect mix of volunteers. If your profile fits in with the date/s you have selected, we will be able to offer you a spot. We hope to receive a first class application form from you in order for us to be able to confirm your eligibility.
Start planning your trip! Due to the high demand of applicants, we can only secure your spot for a limited time. Please respect the deadline given and ask for time if needed. Check the meeting details for the specific venue you are booked into in order to prepare for your arrival date, welcome reception details, accommodation recommendation etc.
We need you to book your travel as soon as possible and within the deadline you will be given.
Once we have correctly received your travel details, we are counting on you! A few weeks before the start of the program, we will send you reminders and make sure you are in touch with your group.
- Once you request a program, we will receive your program request and process it as quickly as we can.
- Once you receive confirmation from us that you are booked into a program, you can plan your trip.
- Unfortunately however, even being a returning volunteers we cannot always guarantee a place in your program selection.
Returning participants get to choose the dates and have priority!
What do I need to prepare to be an international volunteer?
You might be asking yourself how much preparation and planning you will have to do to volunteer and help the students. Well actually, all of the daily activities are organized so that you never have to look any further ahead than your next activity or meal.
Your commitments during the program
Our English speaking volunteers have to be dedicated to the program, and abide by the following rules:
- English or nothing! This includes the time during unscheduled activities such as any free time during the day, and social time after dinner.
- Be punctual. To ensure that the program schedule runs smoothly, and out of consideration to our staff members and your fellow participants, you must be on time for all activities.
- Mobile phones are not to be used during any of the scheduled activities, including mealtimes. We ask you to only make and receive calls during your free time
Your commitments before the program
These are your commitments to the program:
- To arrange and finance your travel
- To arrange and finance your accommodation for before and after the program
- To join us for the Welcome Reception (this is not mandatory, but we would like you to try to make it!)
- To be at the bus departure point at the correct time on the first day of the program
What are your costs to volunteer in Spain or Germany?
Your main costs can be broken down into three areas: travel, accommodation before/after the program, and additional expenses.
1.- Your journey to and from Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia or Munich (The departure points are different depending on the venue or country you are visiting).
2.- At least one night’s accommodation – the night before the program to be ready for departure early on the following day. On the last day of the program, you will be back in town in time to organize your travel leaving the city, so there might be no need for you to stay another night on the returning day.
3.- During the actual program you will only need to finance:
- Between-meal snacks (almost always unnecessary as the meals are plentiful!)
- Drinks or refreshments (water and wine are provided with meals; soft drinks are not; after lunch/dinner drinks are not included)
- Phone calls (we recommend you to buy an international phone card, or get a local mobile)
- Laundry services (if required)
- Over-the-counter medicine (while you will be taken to see a doctor should it be required, our policy does not cover the cost of any prescription drugs or medicine)
What does volunteering include?
Our commitment to you…
We have been been greeting volunteers for more than a decade. Our experience is our guarantee! During the program we commit to provide:
- Free full room and board for our volunteers: the provision of high-standard accommodation for the duration of the program.
- Transport to and from the venue by coach.
- Medical and accident policy during your stay in the Spain program. It’s not included in Germany. (Extra travel insurance is recommended, at your own cost).