HOW TO BE AN INTERNATIONAL TEEN VOLUNTEER?
Below are the steps of how to become a Teen Volunteer!
- Read through this website and fully understand what the program involves
- Apply online. In the PROGRAM SELECTION, select your preferred dates and venues. Thank you for your patience at this stage!
- If your application is approved, you will receive an email asking you to upload your consent form and medical details.
- We will then confirm that we have booked you in. You will receive an email entitled “Booked”. Bear in mind that you can not arrange your trip yet!! Only when we ask you to do so should you buy your tickets.
- You will be given a deadline to confirm the date and to book your travel. Please respect these dates because it affects the total numbers and the application requests that are coming in
Throughout these stages we will be in contact with you via email.
We love to receive applications from people who have been volunteer before. If you are a veteran, we have a different application form for you! Just select your dates and your request will be processed with priority. Unfortunately however, even being a veteran we cannot always guarantee a place in your program selection.
If you are a returning Teen Volunteer, you do not have to complete a further application form
- Once I have applied, what should I expect?
Once you are sure you want to be a Teen Volunteer, please complete our application form. We encourage everyone to make the most of their trip to Spain by doing two consecutive weeks. If you do so, you will not need to come back to Madrid between sessions. When completing the application form, please take the time to respond to the questions carefully. Look at the questions first, work on them on a separate document, and then copy and paste it into the application form.
Wait to hear from us to accommodate you the programs you have selected. The response time in the high season can be up to four weeks!
- Before you start organizing your trip
If you suit the profile we are looking for, we will offer a date for your Pueblo Ingles adventure. At this stage, you have to confirm that you are available, and upload a signed consent form and medical details. You can do this via Your Personal Program Page.
- Book your travel
You can now confirm your travel information. Due to the high demand of applicants, we can only secure your spot for a limited time. Please respect the deadline given and ask for time if needed.
Unfortunately past experience shows that missing travel info from Anglos normally means no-shows.
- Travel confirmed. Staying in touch before coming to the program
Once we have correctly received your travel details, we are counting on you! A few weeks before the start of the program, we will send you a reminder and make sure you are in touch with your group.
- Your stay in madrid
If you are a minor, you must take the Welcome Pack (price to be announced), which includes: airport pick up, hotel drop-off, the cost of a shared room in the group hotel in Madrid, lunch, city tour, dinner, and breakfast on the morning of your departure to the program. If you are travelling with a friend, we will try to make sure that you share with them in the group hotel in Madrid. However this cannot always be guaranteed.
On the morning of the program, your parent/guardian will have plenty of time to drop you off at the hotel and go to the adults Welcome Reception.
If you are over 17, and choose not to purchase the Welcome and Departure packs, you would be responsible for making your own way to the hotel and meeting points.
- During the program
On the day of the start of the program, you will leave with the rest of the Anglos from the group hotel and should arrive at the venue by lunchtime. You will probably be sharing a room with a Spanish student of your same age and gender, if not we will try to pair you up with a friend if you are travelling together. However this cannot be guaranteed.
During the program, mobile phone use is discouraged and permitted only during free time. The hotel phone will not be available at all times, but there are set times of the day (after lunch and dinner) where parents can call the hotel. There is one computer with internet available for use by the participants. There is usually wifi available at the hotel reception.
- Your stay in madrid after the program
If you are leaving on the last day of the program, you will be taken straight from the venue to the airport. If you are leaving the day after, our counselors will stay at the group hotel to chaperone the Teen participants. All minors not leaving on the last day will have to purchase the Departure Pack (price to be announced). This includes: dinner, shared room in the group hotel and airport transfer and drop-off the next day. The counselors will take you to the airport and accompany you up until you go through airport.
- What happens after the program?
We hope you had the time of your life! If you need a letter to confirm your volunteer hours, let us know! Be sure to stay in touch with us and hopefully see you next year!
YOUR COMMITMENTS TO VOLUNTEER WITH US!
Be sure to be sure before applying to the program!
We are truly grateful that you are considering coming to Spain to join us at Pueblo Ingles.
You might be asking yourself how much preparation and planning you will have to do to help the Spaniards. Luckily our program is designed in a way that allows its participants to just slip right in and go with the flow, with no stress and with no hassle.
All of the daily activities will be organized for you, and you should never have to look ahead to anything further than your next activity or meal. Obviously though, our Anglo volunteers have to be dedicated to the program, and abide by the following rules:
DURING THE PROGRAM
- Never utter a word of Spanish!!
- Be prepared to talk as you normally would back home – but more!
- Share your knowledge on a topic that you love. It could be anything from a martial arts demonstration to a tale of your close encounter with a hungry crocodile!
- Be patient and supportive to all the Spanish participants.
- Be considerate and sensitive in the way you correct language errors.
- Be sensible and responsible in your free time to maximize the effectiveness and enjoyment of the program over the whole week.
- Participate in all group activities.
- Be punctual for all meals and sessions.
- Be in your bedroom by 12:00 midnight. (You are not allowed in any room that is not the one you have been assigned to!)
- The staff expect you to be on your best behavior, respecting each other teens, the hotel staff and your program leaders.
- Rooms should be kept neat.
GROUND RULES that may not be broken under any circumstances
- Smoking, and drinking alcohol is strictly forbidden.
- You will only be able to leave the resort under supervision of a monitor.
- No social activities can be held inside people’s rooms.
We have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy regarding the above rules. This also applies to your stay in Madrid if you are staying in the group hotel before and after the program.
PLANNING YOUR ARRIVAL
- You must confirm the program/s offered within the deadline given. This is a pre-reservation and does not guarantee a spot in the program.
- You need to upload your consent form and medical details within the given deadline.
- You need to arrange and finance your travel to and from Madrid within the deadline. Your spot is not secured until this has been sent.
- You would need to either arrange your accommodation before and after the program (for minors travelling with parent/ guardian), or book the Welcome Pack and Departure Pack at an interesting rate (for unaccompanied minors).
- You need to be at the bus pick-up point for departure.
WHAT DOES TEEN VOLUNTEERING OFFER YOU?
OUR PROMISES: What the organization covers?
- Room and full board: the provision of high-standard accommodation for the duration of the program.
- Transport to the venue: your return journey by coach to/from Madrid.
- If you are an unaccompanied minor, we organize a Welcome and Departure Pack, which includes: airport pick-up and drop-off, chaperoning in Madrid the day before the program (for Welcome Pack) and the day after; lunch and tour of Madrid, welcome reception and dinner, and a shared room in the group hotel. This needs to be pre-booked with the organization and paid upon arrival in Madrid.
- We provide medical and accident policy during your stay. (Extra travel insurance is recommended, at your own cost).
- A unique insight into the Spanish people and culture without having to speak the language.
- A chance to share your knowledge on a topic that is dear to you.
- All of your food provided including a buffet breakfast and a three-course lunch and dinner each day.
- The chance to really get to know a group of diverse individuals from all walks of life and to form long-lasting friendships.
- Experienced, friendly, and energetic staff that will work flat out to make sure the program is fun, stimulating and smooth-running.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you’ve had a positive impact on the lives of numerous individuals.
- The knowledge that you are attending an established and successful program that has evolved based on years of operational experience.
- The chance to enjoy full active days without having to plan anything yourself. You can simply go with the flow!
- The opportunity to repeat the program the following year if you prove yourself to be a star Anglo.